A student may be granted an exemption from sitting for an examination in a ZIBFS prescribed course/subject at either certificate or diploma academic level, or both, if the student can show that he/she has successfully completed an equivalent course/subject at another reputable learning institution. The Institute provides subject by subject exemptions to the holders of the following qualifications, but not limited to, ZICA, Business Related qualifications, ACCA, ZIM, Other banking related qualifications from reputable institutions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How Are Exemptions Awarded?
Exemptions are only available at the academic Certificate and Diploma levels. Exemptions are awarded on a subject by subject basis.
- How is an exemption graded?
Students will be assigned a grade of “EXEMPT” for the courses/ subjects they have been exempted in.
- What is the fee for exemptions?
Exemption fees are equal to examination fees per subject.
- How do I apply for exemptions?
- Note that exemptions are only awarded at the Certificate and Diploma levels, and NOT at the Professional Diploma level.
- Ensure that you meet the minimum entry requirement of five (5) O-level Credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Register as a ZIBFS member (Refer to the brochure for more information on membership registration).
- Complete the exemption application form and submit it directly to the Institute with a detailed transcript of results for the course on which you are basing your application.
- Your application will be appropriately reviewed and feedback will be given to you in writing. Wait for the response (Usually one week from the date of application submission)
- After you receive a successful response, pay for the exemptions as guided in the exemption letter.
- The exemptions will be credited to your transcript upon full payment of the stipulated fees.