Becoming a Member:
Individual Membership registration is compulsory to all who want to pursue a career in Banking and Finance with the Institute. Upon submission of an Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) certified copy of the Grade 12 certificate and payment of prescribed fees, student membership will be granted, renewable yearly. To qualify for membership, one must first meet the minimum entry requirements sated under each class of membership. A duly completed membership registration form should then be submitted to the Institute together with the deposit slip for the payment of the applicable membership registration fee, and copies of relevant qualifications.
Corporates (banks, microfinance institutions, bureau de’ changes, mobile money providers, colleges, universities, etc) can also register as Members of the Institute. A number of benefits accrue to all categories of membership.
1. Benefits of Corporate Members of the ZIBFS include but not limited to the following:
- Discount of 10% for members of staff attending Institute CPD courses
- A platform for meetings and networking
- Two(2) complimentary tickets to attend the ZIBFS annual ball
- Quarterly product advertising on the ZIBFS website
- Participation at industry discussion fora held by the Institute on a quarterly basis.
- Participation at the Institute’s Annual General Meeting
2. Benefits of Individual Members of the ZIBFS
Individual members benefit from being part of the most prominent professional body in Zambia. The following list articulates some of the key benefits:
- Enhanced personal Industry recognition
- Access to the full range of the Institute programmes
- Access to internship opportunities in collaboration with financial institutions
- The Institute is the established professional education body which sets the standards in banking education in Zambia.
- Institute courses are relevant to your career needs and will help you do your job better.
- Institute courses are designed specifically to allow you to combine work and study.
- The Institute’s high collaboration with both local and international universities/institutions allows you to progress from certificate through diploma to University degree (and then, entry to masters level) – the courses you pass count towards the next phase of your educational development.
- Institute courses provide maximum flexibility, allowing you to study at your own pace and to decide when and where you study.
- Institute courses are offered via a national delivery system (combining conventional class through various colleges/ part-time lectures and distance education).
- Access to the Institute’s available publications and promotional materials. The publications cover issues of direct relevance to members and include information on both industry and Institute developments and activities.
- Access to Lectures and seminars that may be organised throughout the year.
- Attendance of Institute Social Activities and Conferences
3. Benefits of Studying with the Institute:
- You obtain a Certificate in Banking & Finance after an equivalent of 1st year of University studies
- You obtain a Diploma in Banking & Finance after an equivalent of 2nd year of University studies.
- Studying with the Institute enables a student to acquire practical banking knowledge and qualifications such as the Certificate, Diploma, Professional Diploma and Advanced Professional Diploma in Banking & Finance as they progress to study for a banking degree with a University of their choice. These ZIBFS qualifications would enable one to obtain employment while they pursue higher studies with a University.
- Other benefits include Industry recognition as a registered member of the Zambia Institute of Banking & Financial Services, access to available publications, discussion forums and other industry-related information in the course of study.
- Studies can either be done on self study, distance learning or full-time study modes.
- Working professionals can study from the comfort of their offices or homes without any intervention of a tutor because comprehensive study material is available.
- For academic programmes, tuition is provided through various reputable colleges across the country.